We’re the Foot Clinic in Downtown Toronto that cares about each and every one of our patients. We assess your concerns by listening to your stories. Then we take a good look at your medical history before an examination.
We offer a variety of services to make your life fuller and more comfortable. This includes some proactive advice like these useful women’s foot health tips.
- Wash Your Feet Thoroughly. Not taking your feet for granted means washing them carefully with a washcloth on a regular basis. If you don’t have the balance to wash your feet in the shower, there are other methods. Sit on the side of the tub and use your back brush to get in between those toes. Drying your feet is important to lessen the chances of issues like bacteria and athlete’s foot.
- Look after those calluses. Our foot clinic in downtown Toronto suggests using a foot file or pumice stone. This is the best way to smooth these growths on your heel. Make sure to soak your feet for about 15 minutes to soften the skin first. A foot cream containing cocoa butter is just the thing after you’ve removed the dead skin to smooth your feet.
- Switch Your Shoes. Even your favourite shoes need to air out in order to prevent infections and foot odour. That’s why your Toronto chiropodist suggests you switch your shoes regularly. If your feet tend to sweat a lot, you should change your socks or stockings often.
- Don’t Forget to Moisturize. We can prescribe treatment if you have cracked or dry heels. For mild cases, there are a variety of different moisturizing products on the market to choose from. Look for one containing lactic acid.
- Watch Out for Flat Feet. It is important to remember casual sandals or flip-flops don’t provide the kind of arch support women need. Walking barefoot doesn’t do your arches any good either. Women need to look for footwear with good arch supports.
It is essential to try to evenly distribute pressure on your feet. Shoe insoles are one solution. Our Foot Clinic in Downtown Toronto team suggests the ones with a plastic shell positioned under the heel provide good support. Finally, you should always use nail clippers with a curved handle. These are designed to follow the curvature of your nails and make nail clipping easier.